5.02.2012

change ups....

Okay...lots of change-ups abound.

Firstly, they've moved me in the office.  So I'm at the front desk.  This doesn't bother me.  It helps me get some of these items organized that need to be organized, I get to sort what needs to be sorted, scan, copy, and my butt is parked right next to the printer.  Good thing - the front office doesn't swelter like the back corner office, I get to learn new jobs, and meet more people.  Bad things - well...we'll talk about that.

Now, I cannot say that when people look at me that it doesn't irritate me if they assume that I'm hispanic.  I don't have anything against hispanic people, the two ladies that I work with that are hispanic are totally frigging awesome.  But when people assume about me, they immediately begin speaking to me in spanish.

So politely, I generally say, "I'm sorry, I don't speak spanish."  Or I say, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand."  I say both phrases in english.  What pisses me off is when they continue to speak to me in spanish.  Or when I give them instructions in english, they perfectly understand me, but cannot even make the attempt to say 'Okay, thanks' or anything like that.

REALLY?

Yes, I don't speak more than one language.  No, I don't expect you to understand everything I am saying if english isn't your first language, but it would be nice if you at least made some sort of gesture or acknowledgement that you did, in fact, understand me.

Anyway, had to get that off my chest.

In other news, we are working on trying to be smarter with our shopping, save money, coupon, and generally get into better habits.  I am going to start keeping a talley of costs and things.  So here were the numbers from last week:

Coupon savings: $38.31
'Specialty card' and coupon savings total: S57.28 

So, for our first week out, our first real 'couponing session' and without a stockpile that usual extreme couponers have, I think that's pretty good.  Now, I don't see myself becoming an 'extreme couponer', but the fact we're saving some money makes me feel better.  I'm hoping that we get to a point that our 'savings' can be pulled out of the account anyway and then put towards maybe family vacation funds or stuff, but we will see.  Baby steps, kids.  Baby steps.

So any ideas from you guys would be SO appreciated.  (Aren't you happy I'm blogging again?)  Tips, tricks and things - totally.

No comments: