5.12.2012

Now, goys and birls, there are strange things that go on in our day-to-day world.  And, I kid you not, couponing is one of them.  I have to say, I am getting a rather morbid interest in this.

Now remember, I've worked on both sides of the fence of retail.  As a shopper, and as an associate of a large corporate evil chain delivering food, or various goods, or food AND various goods. I have seen women take HOURS at the registers counting coupons, checking dates, and perusing over their little folder as they pick through them, looking for what they want.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS BRIGHT AND HOLY, CAN'T YOU GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER BEFORE YOU GET IN LINE?

At least, that is what Evil Kathy does, sitting on my shoulder, casually hangng from my ear and screaming in a voice that sounds totally not unlike a fog horn (I think my brain borrowed the demonic sounding voice from the frontman of the band Green Jello...((yeah, if you can't remember the band, don't worry about it)) and it really, really grates on my brain).  So I watched the cashier as this horrid little thing bounced up and down on my right shoulder, giving me a crick, yelling at the evil woman, how she had to turn every coupon over to make sure it was the product, then to make sure it wasn't a fraud (how the FUCK do you tell a fake printed coupon from a home printed coupon, being most fakes ARE home printed coupons???) and only then did she scan it.  Those slips of paper probably got more action than a 40 year old virgin in a house of ill repute.

So, as I am carefully shopping my items, I pile the coupons that I am using in one spot.  I check, double-check, re-check, triple-check and do what I can to make sure that I read exactly what the coupon says and buy it as the coupon reads.  That way I don't waste peoples' time and or my own.

Anyway, I just needed to vent about the evil woman.  She gets paid either way, so a few coupons shouldn't matter.

No comments: