4.24.2012

Get behind a CAUSE.....

I've gotten a lot of flack from the whole Kony 2012 thing.  For a few days, I was nail-biting over it as it broke out across the internet and went viral, then I did some thinking.  Took me about three days, and I decided to order shirts and go Cover the Night.  It didn't really matter to me how the media made it out....I wanted to do something...

I can't control every person's integrity.  I can't control their honesty.  I can't control their actions.  But I can control mine.  I am never going to be able to account for the Relay for Life and where the money will go.  I can't account for if Invisible Children is spending money on overpriced salaries or if The Wounded Warrior Project is spending every dime on helping veterans.

But I can control me.  I can work on my individual integrity.  I can make my actions count.  They are small actions, but every mountain is built by even little stones.  Janetta makes quilts, Bob takes pictures, and I'm gonna make stuff.  And I'll see how far I get.  But the whole point is to do something, to try to make the difference.

Maybe we won't make the cover of People, but damnit, we're doing what we can.

What will you do?


3 comments:

Janetta Killough said...

very well put my dear just a small thing can make a great impact i make quilts for our vets when i started i never thought they would grow like they are now... the impact i made wasnt what i thought it would be it was much greater than i thought and the hugs the looks on their faces the salutes i get are all over whelming and it makes my heart sing my quilts are worth something to them our vets need to be thanked for their service for their sacrifices they give up alot and i want them to know i am here with the biggest thank you i can give and a listening ear if they need one it gives me the greats pleasure making them for our vets and i have made some wonderful friends along the way.. this journey is amazing i may be small time but i make a differece adn that is what means the most to me and i am leaving a legacy for my children to be proud of and i personally thank 4 of my own children whom serve navy and army! thank you and keep up all your hard work. love always netta aka janetta

Pooka Darling said...

I am honored to meet you. :)

Janetta Killough said...

thank you,(blushing) thank you for adding me to your blog it was very nice of you to do so...